Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sharing some thoughts

Hello, friends.

The purpose of this blog is to shed some light on the challenges and joys of being a self employed salesperson. I intend to share my ideas, thoughts, comments, criticisms, strategies, best practices, and methods in order to demonstrate to you, the reader that you're not alone. I'm doing it too.

Perhaps reading this may validate some of your thoughts and ideas. Perhaps it will inspire you to do things differently, better, or more effectively. Let me get one thing straight here, though - I'm no sales master. I'm just going through life with open eyes and ears, learning as best as I can along the way while trying to earn some money.

I sell financial products, but this blog is intended to be generic with regard to product. I don't care what your product is, the fundamental sales techniques and relationship building ideas are all the same. In the end, your prospects need to like you and trust you before they're going to buy anything from you. But you already knew that, right?

Anyway, that's enough of an introduction. If you want to keep reading, subscribe or come back soon. I don't intend to publish according to any specific schedule, it may be more than once a day, or a week may go by between posts. Either way, I hope the content is useful to you.

Happy selling.

No comments: